Preventive Dentistry is an essential part of our work and philosophy. This is done in the following way:
- Treatment options consider the long term outcome. How will the treatment that we do now, impact on you down the track in years to come. It’s not just about how you look now. Will this treatment keep you looking good and healthy in the future for the rest of your life?
- It is essential that we advise you and teach you how what you do now will impact on your future dental health. For this reason we are very serious in teaching you how your diet and oral hygiene routine can be modified to protect you in the future.
- In the same way we know the negative and positive impact that correct oral hygiene care can have in the long run. We have innovative techniques that we can show you. In addition we will show you where damage has occurred so that it can be restored and no further damage continues to occur.
- Snoring and airway problems in adults cause ill health and can be assessed and assistance given by treatment or referrals as required.
- The altered (affected) growth of children can a have a negative impact on their dental and facial beauty and function. There is some research that shows that genetically the face is meant to grow into a well proportioned and symmetrical outcome. However due to environmental factors is does not occur.
Incorrect breathing, oral habits (such as thumb sucking) and tongue tie, are some examples in childhood that affect the optimum growth, facial beauty and speech into adulthood.
Interceptive care for children means that we can identify a problem early and treat preventively before the problem gets worse or permanent irreversible growth occurs and we miss an opportunity to help.